Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 01, 2006

Labour Day ? Holiday !

Okay, today is Labour Day and guess what?
I am day off! As in, FOREVER DAY OFF!
Finally free from the stingy old fox's grasp. Well, this explains a lot about the aftermath of my outburst about double pay on Labour Day. Still, i'm gonna give a short description of what had happened the day after i demanded double pay on Labour Day and my last of Work!

It was Thursday morning, 26th of April. As usual, i arrived early only to find that my colleague was not there yet. I waited for approximately 10 minutes and our neighbouring outlet, Bolton Vision's employee came. Both of us had a small chat about the double pay issue along with some salary matters, and only them i knew, i wasn't making up all these things which i said on that day about double pay in everywhere.
"You know, part timers definitely get their pay double on Labour Day, sometimes even triple
!"
"Walauweh, is it so? i thought i was just making thing up....hahahhahahaha..."
"No, you're right, in my previous working place, part timers get their double pays on occasion like these, while full timers sometimes get double pays or they can have their replacement holidays,"
"Oh, i see...."
"By the way, you salary so low you shouldn't work at that place for so long, in here, you can just simply close your eyes and pick an outlet, the odd for you to pick an outlet with high salaries are 9 out of 10!,"
"Really?! Guess i should be working here in the 1st place....hahahahaha..."

1 minute before 10, my colleague finally arrived, both of us had a quiet moment as we clean the place.

And then at 10.15 a.m. sharp. The Fox came. I was quite nervous when i saw him coming into his premises.
"Jack, Good morning,"
"Morning, Jack,"
"Good Morning, please take the stocks out i gotta send them to the customers now,"
And then for the next 15 minutes three of us kept ourselves busy by taking out those stocks one by one. It wasn't easy, ya know? they were heavy and kinda bulky.

15 minutes later, we came finally sit down on our respective chair...seeing that we had finnish what we should and he was sitting there on his chair counting his money again, i finally opened my mouth.
"Jack, about the Labour Day..." Again i paused, waiting for him to stopped from his counting. He lifted up his head.
"Oh yeah, about that...i want you to work till 30th of April, is that all right?"
Hahahahahaha.....just as i had guest. He was stingy enough to rather save those 2 ringgit per hour than to give it to me.
"Oh yeah, okay, no problem,"
"After all, i think both of them could handle it just fine,"
A obvious hint meaning that, " i don't need you anymore you weren't as helpful as them. i rather save my money!"

You might be thinking that i think too radical but really that's the fact. You see how stingy he can be?

And then, yesterday Sunday, 30th of April my last in the outlet, i started my job at 1p.m. When i reached the place, i just told my colleagues(including SuWei), "You can take those customers anyway you like, i ain't gonna serve them, today i'm here only to sit down and wait till times comes and get my wages, BUT i'll still help ya guys if ya guys are busy, if not, those customers are all yours!"

For both of them , this was not a problem, in fact they should be happy especially my other colleague(NOT SUWEI!). Long before my arrival upon this war-torn land, both of them had been fighting among each other to compare who had the highest sale, either for that day or for that month. Actually SuWei didn't wanna fight at first but the guy there, i guess he likes to think he's too experienced, after all he had been working in One Utama for almost a year (though he always change his working place. His previous working place was Bolton Vision.) Plus he's few years older than us.
Like they say, 要面.
To him, i wasn't a treat, i'm just a PART TIMER. Who cares anyway, it's not like i wanna join the battlefield though sometimes he really irritates me and SuWei especially when his nett sales was the higher than me(duh! of course!) and SuWei. He was childish enough to do those kiddy actions simply just to irritate us. Yet, weird enough that 7 out of 10, was SuWei had the highest nett sales for the month and the day. And on some other day, i had a customer who just barged in and said he wanted two Elle luggage which totals up the sum of 1048 riggint which really irritates the my colleague who worked so hard on get the total sale of 800 ringgit plus.
Well, i was so bloody happy when i saw he expression, i finally got a chance to give him a taste of his own bitter medicine!

Okay, done with the side story.

So that whole day, i did help them serve a few customers though lack of the enthusiasm i used to have (i just watched those customers, too lazy to explain about those big bulky bags anyway.) and still manage to get a sale of 360 ringgit!
Hahahahahahaha.......

At nite, the boss did came only to give us our salary. We was so shocked that our face went pale white.
Why? You guys might ask.
Hahahahahahaha...
Because we were playing Poker Cards(of course, without any bets) . We all knew that our boss hates people Gambling, though we are not gambling it looked like one. We tried to keep the cards as fast as we could yet we don't know whether he did saw those decks of cards or not. If he did see it, then he must be a real good actor for hiding his expressions. After giving us our salary, he left. And then, 10 minutes later we continued to play our games of cards.
Hahahahahahahaha............

So that's how i ended my last day in that place.
Anyway, that's the aftermath of my story. Next time i swear, even if i had to get a work in One Utama, i ain't coming back to that dreaded place unless he double pays me!
Whahahahahahahahaha.......

Then again, i don't feeling going back to that Hellish Abyss!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chua You Heng said...

wow. that's how u end ur last day?? well, for me, i just ask the chef to make a delicious supper for me, hehe. anyway, welcome to the group of jobless ppl, hehe....

10:36 PM  
Blogger Han Fei said...

Hahahahahaha...for me i actually ended my last day just like being useless in the shop....but not THAT useless....
Hahahahahahahahaha...
Btw, thanks for the WARM WELCOME!
Hahahahahahahhaha.........

12:00 PM  
Blogger Han Fei said...

Hahahahahaha...you're right! :P
Form 6 starts on 15th of May!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Su Fen said...

Hehe..interesting!!!I remember my last day of work in mid is very simple.I just walked off when my work end without saying goodbye to my bosses or shop's collegue.hehe..About the fighting for highest sale,me had the experience too.Sometimes when my sale got higher than the collegue,she got mad and said bad about me in front of me,even steal the customer from me.But when salary time,boss will gif me more bonus than her...hehe.. See at least ur collegue is better..

9:46 AM  
Blogger Han Fei said...

Hahahahahaha.....
Maybe you're right and maybe not, it depends lol....
AT the begining he is quite good, but when i'm gonna leave he acted like a big jerk even during poker games he also wanna show off....so sien facing him...

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.